The world is continuously evolving in its rapid pace of life. In order to adapt with the changing environment, many bed manufacturers have also changed their products to suit today’s needs. Today people are living in tiny apartments and condos where room space is a premium. In such tiny homes, the gap between bed and wall is always a frustrating thing to deal with. The problem becomes worse when any of the furniture legs just about touches the nearby wall or anything else at all. It is really annoying especially if you have young children around who might get hurt by it if they bump themselves on the sharp corner of the bed.
This article will show you how to fill the gap between your bed and wall. We have described two methods, namely using Flex Filler or U-shape filler piece of wood. The first method is used for thin gaps, while the second one can be applied to both thin and thick gaps.
methods of filling the gap
Flex filler can be used to fill thin gaps between bed and wall. Flex inserts are thin plastic sheets containing some sort of dried glue. Simply cut the sheet according to your need size, peel off one side of the protective paper and stick it on the corner or edge of bed that is hurting you most. You can get flex filler at hardware shops like HD or Lowes.
method 1: Flex Filler
Flex Fapper [PHOTO 1]
Flex filler [PHOTO 2]
installing Flex Fillers between bed and wall
1) Measure the gap you want to fill up. In this case, we have to fill a 3/4″ gap.
2) Cut the Flex Filler to fit the size of the gap you want to fill up. Make sure to make allowance for thickness of bed frame if your bed is elevated from the ground (standard bed height is around 18-19″).
3) Peel off one side of protective paper, stick the Flex Filler to the corner or edge of bed that is touching the wall and press tightly. The dried glue inside flex filler will be activated by heat and therefore, you can feel it warming up as you press it against the bed edge.
4) If the gap is still not filled enough, repeat step 3 until your desired result is achievedj.
method 2: Inserting a piece of wood between bed and wall
This method can be used to fill thin gaps as well as thick ones. For this you would need a thin piece of wood that is just enough stiff to fit the size of the gap. This method does not require any tools for making the insert, but it will take some time as you have to measure and cut the piece of wood.
1) Measure the gap you want to fill up.
2) Cut a thin piece of wood using saw according to your need size. Make allowance for thickness of bed frame if your bed is elevated from the ground (standard height is around 18-19″).
3) Insert the piece of wood inside gap and press tightly.
4) The gap is filled up completely now.
5) Now install your bed frame to hold the filler in place.
We hope this article will help you to solve the problem of filling gaps between beds and walls. There are various other methods of doing it, but we have shown how to fill the gap using Flex Filler and wood inserts. Flex fillers are very cheap, but if you want a more professional look, then an insert made of hardwood can be used. I have been working on various blogs across internet for about 5 years now. I mostly cover topics related to home improvement, technology and lifestyle.